Test Proctoring is unavailable until further notice. Please check this page for updates at a later time.
Online computer tests and written examinations are administered at the Balboa Branch Library.
The Test Proctor fee is $25.00 per hour. Patrons submit payment at the time of the test by cash, credit card or check only, payable to the City of Newport Beach.
The proctoring process includes:
1. Student initiates proctor request with his/her school/testing center.
2. Student provides all pertinent proctoring information from the school/testing center to the Newport Beach Public Library.
3. If necessary, library staff complete and sign proctor agreement form required from student's school/testing center. If there is a requirement from the school/testing center the Library cannot satisfy, the Library will not provide the service.
4. After student's school/testing center grants the library approval for proctoring, they send the library the written exam materials or password for online tests.
5. The student makes an appointment with Reference Services for proctoring.
6. NBPL returns materials by fax or email. Patrons who need materials returned by mail pay shipping fees determined by NBPL.
7. Customers should be asked to send their requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org.