Visit our What to Expect at Storytime page for more information.
There will be no storytimes June 10 – June 22.
There will be no storytimes August 12 – August 24.
Books & Babies
It's never too early for storytime! Introduce language and reading to the littlest lap-sitters - 6-24 months.
- Central - Mondays 9:30 & 10:30 am
- Grant Howald Park & Community Youth Center - Tuesdays 10:30 am
- Mariners - Wednesdays 9:30 & 10:30 am
- Balboa - Wednesdays 10:30 am
Start building a love of reading early with fun stories and songs for toddlers from 24-36 months.
- Central - Wednesdays 10:30 am
- Mariners - Thursdays 9:30 & 10:30 am
Songs & Stories
Children 2-5 years will enjoy stories and music while being introduced to guided movement, yoga and instruments.
- Central- Fridays 10:30
Stories, poems and songs will inspire literary, dramatic, and musical fun for kids 3-5 years.
- Marina Park, 1600 West Balboa Blvd. - Mondays 9:30 a.m., September to June.
- Mariners - Tuesdays 10:30 a.m.
- Balboa - Tuesdays 10:30 a.m.
- Central - Thursdays 10:30 a.m.
- Grant Howald Park & Community Youth Center - Thursdays 11:45 am
Children from ages 3-7 can enjoy just-before-bed storytelling fun. We start with a craft or activity at 6:30 followed by a lively Storytime at 7 pm. Don’t forget to come in your PJs!
- Central - Mondays 6:30 pm
Family StorytimeEnjoy family time with stories, songs and a craft geared especially for children ages 3-7.
- Central - Saturdays 10:30 am