Starting Monday, September 21, 2020, limited computers will be available at the Central Library only. Patrons will have 1 hour per day per card.
The public computers will be self-service only. Staff members will not be able to provide help at the computers. Please bring a member of your household with you if you need extended computer help.
Free Wi-Fi is available at all NBPL locations from 6 am until 10 pm, seven days a week.
The library's wireless access software was made available by a generous donation from the Newport Beach Public Library Foundation.
- The network name is Newport Beach Public Library
- Customers will create a unique User ID or use their library card to access the network
Library desktops offer the following features:
- Windows 10 and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- USB ports and External DVD/CDRW drives (available for checkout) for saving work
- Printing: $0.15/page black & white and $0.75/page color
- A waiting list feature when all computers are in use
- Sessions: 1 hour
Central Library Computers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Windows 10 desktop computers
- Free scanning to email or USB drive
- Photocopying in B/W or Color ($0.15/0.75)
- Faxing at the Reference Desk ($1/pg)
- Microfilm/microfiche reading/printing/saving