California K-12 Digital Resources
Online content from ProQuest research databases and TeachingBooks are available — at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones — to all.
These databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Gale Interactive: Science: Manipulate 3D interactive models to visualize and understand concepts in biology, chemistry, earth, and space science.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high. Web-registered card holders cannot access this resource remotely.
One-stop resources for books you are reading and teaching, including author and illustrator interviews, lesson plans, and other enrichment content.
* The icons above and main links below work for accessing these resources at your library. Patrons can use their library card numbers and the "Off-Site Access" links below when using these resources remotely. Web-registered library card holders add NBPL before your web-registered card number to access the resources off-site.
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
CultureGrams Off-Site Access
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
SIRS Discoverer Off-Site Access
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
SIRS Issues Researcher Off-Site Access
- eLibrary - Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
eLibrary Guided Research Off-Site Access
- eLibrary - Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
eLibrary Database Edition Off-Site Access
- ProQuest Central Student - designed to bring instant results to users across thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers, videos, reports, and more. This resource brings together some of ProQuest's most used databases in education, humanities, psychology, science, social sciences, and news. (Grades 9+, IB, AP, College Prep)
Central Student Off-Site Access
- ProQuest Research Companion - a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
Research Companion Off-Site Access