1. The Sound Lab is open to valid Newport Beach Public Library (NBPL) cardholders whose accounts are in good standing.
2. Customers under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Users can make 4 hour reservations to use the Sound Lab. Reservations will be held for 10 minutes after they are scheduled to begin and, if not used, will be considered canceled at that time.
4. Use of the Sound Lab will be checked out on the user’s Newport Beach Public Library account.
5. All general behavioral guidelines for the Library apply, specifically, the Library Use Policy and Internet Use Policy.
6. Food and drink are not permitted in the Sound Lab at any time.
7. Cell phone conversations are not allowed in the Sound Lab. Cell phones must be set to silent.
8. The workspace area of the Sound Lab is reserved for customers using Sound Lab software or who are working on digital media projects. Users who want to browse the Internet or use Microsoft Office products should use the public computers in other areas of the building or check out a laptop. For group study, please reserve one of our three study rooms.
9. Users will be assigned to a specific computer based on their project needs. When making an appointment, customers should inform staff of their specific hardware and software requirements.
10. Saving work on Sound Lab computers is prohibited. Users must save their work on an external memory source. CDs and flash drives are sold in the Media Center. The Library is not responsible for any work that is unsaved, corrupted, or altered in the Media Center.
11. Sound Lab users with large files must save, export or transfer large projects to external devices prior to closing. Allow ample time to save, export, transfer large files, or process your files. The Sound Lab will close no later than 30 minutes prior to Library closing times.
12. Sound Lab users may not install or download software or upgrades. For help or to suggest software downloads and upgrades please see Library Staff.
13. The Library is not responsible for any valuables left unattended.
Approved by the Board of Library Trustees on June 16, 2014.
This Policy will be periodically reviewed by the Board of Library Trustees on the first to occur of (i) as circumstances may require or (ii) every two years from the date of adoption, last amendment, or last review. Adopted, last amended, or last reviewed on November 13, 2018.