Legal Information Reference Center is an online database designed to assist patrons in legal matters of all kinds. It includes full text for many top consumer legal reference books, as well as thousands of legal forms.
- More than 280 full-text publications and reference books
- More than 20,000 federal, state specific, and multi-state legal forms
- More than 35,000 legal forms by U.S. state
- Business and Corporate Law
- Family Law
- Financial Planning
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Rights and Disputes
- Immigration and Travel
- Property and Real Estate
- Intellectual Property Law (Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights)
- With the Legal Forms by U.S. State feature, users can search state-specific legal forms by top subject areas including adoption, bankruptcy, name changes and more.
- A majority of the full-text legal reference books are provided through Nolo, the nation’s oldest and most respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses.
- Browse publications by name using the link to Publications on the top tool bar. To search within the journal/publication you find, click the Search within this publication link from a journal's Publication Detail screen. Search results will be broken down by chapter.
- Index browsing allows the patron to view all values that occur in specified fields in a database, along with corresponding hit counts. Browse by index using the link to Indexes on the top tool bar.
- For helpful search tips and guides, the Help feature in the top tool bar provides a detailed how-to instructions.
Access the Legal Information Reference Center with your library card. If you are having difficulty navigating the database or finding a resource, contact your local Newport Beach Public Library location and our reference staff will be glad to help!