To view Library Events in mobile list format: CLICK HERE.
Library Live Series - Dibi and Herbie Fletcher
- Date: 11/14/2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Friends Meeting Room
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660
Dibi and Herbie Fletcher
The Fletcher Family: A Lifetime in Surf
Thursday, November 14, 7:00pm
Dibi Fletcher is a writer, unofficial Chief Operating Officer of the Astrodeck surfing-equipment company, and matriarch of the Fletcher family. Herbie Fletcher is a prolific and legendary surfer, shaper and entrepreneur. They owned the Clark Foam Franchise for the Hawaiian Islands, Herbie Fletcher Surf Shop in Dana Point, and currently own Astrodeck. The Fletcher Family: A Lifetime in Surf (2019) is Dibi’s reflection on the mark that she, Herbie, sons Christian and Nathan, and grandson Grayson have made on the worlds of surfing and skateboarding. Contributors to this Rizzoli publication include Mike Diamond from The Beatie Boys, Steve Van Doren from Vans; artist Julian Schnabel; surfer Kelly Slater, and photographer C.R. Stecyk III.
- Friends Room, Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA
- Doors open at 6:30pm
- Lecture and Q&A 7:00pm-8:30pm followed by book sale and signing till 9:00pm
- Ticket: $10 General / $7 NBPLF Member
- Reserve tickets online at nbplfoundation.org or by phone at 949-717-3892
For a full list of 2019-2020 Library Live program: https://www.nbplfoundation.org/content/Library-Live.html