To view Library Events in mobile list format: CLICK HERE.
Medicine in Our Backyard
- Date: 01/27/2020 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Friends Meeting Room
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660
The Secret Power of Music for Dementia
Joshua Grill, PhD
Director, UC Irvine Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders (UCI MIND)
In the battle against Alzheimer’s disease, Joshua Grill invokes a deceased jazz singer, iPods and a 35,000-year-old vulture bone that cavemen fashioned into a flute. Grill is a neuroscientist whose research interests focus on clinical trials in neurodegenerative disease. He will explain how music is a powerful force and that can tap into the deepest recesses of the mind, stir emotions and conjure memories, and why music memory is one of the last things affected by Alzheimer’s disease.
- Friends Room, Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA
- Monday of the month / September to May
- 7:00pm - 8:30pm / doors open at 6:30pm
- FREE (a suggested donation of $10.00 is always appreciated)
- No Reservations required
For a full list of 2019-2020 season of Medicine in Our Backyard: http://www.nbplfoundation.org/content/Medicine-in-Our-Backyard.html