To view Library Events in mobile list format: CLICK HERE.
Medicine in Our Backyard
- Date: 11/18/2019 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Friends Meeting Room
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660
Is Depression in Older Adults a Normal Part of Getting Older?
Robert Bota, MD
Associate Clinical Professor, UCI Health Department of Psychiatry & Human Behavior
Depression is common in older adults, but is it normal? Dr. Robert Bota will share why many physical illnesses can significantly increase the risk of depression, and how implementing stress reduction techniques can improve the quality of life in older adults. He will also discuss Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, or TMS—a new approach to treating depression. Bota is passionate about combining the latest medical treatments with innovative clinical trials. Since 2017, Bota has been named a Physician of Excellence by the Orange County Medical Association.
- Friends Room, Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA
- Monday of the month / September to May
- 7:00pm - 8:30pm / doors open at 6:30pm
- FREE (a suggested donation of $10.00 is always appreciated)
- No Reservations required
For a full list of 2019-2020 season of Medicine in Our Backyard: http://www.nbplfoundation.org/content/Medicine-in-Our-Backyard.html