To view Library Events in mobile list format: CLICK HERE.
Medicine in Our Backyard
- Date: 10/28/2019 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Friends Meeting Room
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660
Health Equity: Why the U.S. is Lagging Behind Other Countries
Cynthia Haq, MD
Clinical Professor and Chair, UCI Health Department of Family Medicine
Dr. Cindy Haq is a champion for primary health care, health equity and preparing health professionals to serve disadvantaged patients and communities. She has launched programs in Pakistan, Uganda, Ethiopia, with the World Health Organization, and with governmental and non-governmental organizations. Her illuminating lecture will touch on the importance of health equity, why the U.S. life expectancy is declining, and what you can do to promote health equity in Orange County and in the United States.
- Friends Room, Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA
- Monday of the month / September to May
- 7:00pm - 8:30pm / doors open at 6:30pm
- FREE (a suggested donation of $10.00 is always appreciated)
- No Reservations required
For a full list of 2019-2020 season of Medicine in Our Backyard: http://www.nbplfoundation.org/content/Medicine-in-Our-Backyard.html