To view Library Events in mobile list format: CLICK HERE.
Newport Beach Film Festival Seminar Series
- Date: 04/28/2019 11:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Location: Civic Center Community Room
100 Civic Center Drive
Newport Beach, California 92660
With the generous support of the City of Newport Beach Arts Commission, the Festival presents a series of interactive panels that focus on the art of filmmaking. This free educational event features talented and distinguished film industry professionals. The seminars give attendees an opportunity to go behind the scenes with some of the industry's leading filmmakers. Screenwriters, directors, film composers, animators, actors, and producers share their extensive knowledge and insight into the business and art of today's entertainment world.
This year we will host a series of moderated discussions as well as interactive panels with top industry professionals. Past guests include Aaron Sorkin, Aisha Tyler, Jared Harris, Richard M. Sherman, McG as well as guests whose work include First Man, A Quiet Place, Black Panther and more! Make sure to save the date and check back for more details. We look forward to seeing you for our 20th Anniversary.
11:00AM - Music in Film (Presented by Costa Communications)
- Kris Bowers (Composer, Green Book)
- Michael Abels (Composer, Get Out, Us)
- Tom Howe (Composer, Whiskey Cavalier)
- Leanna Primiani (Composer, The Daughters of Virtue, Saturn Returns)
- Diane Warren (Composer and songwriter)
- Ray Costa (Moderator)
1:00PM - Animating for Disney
Join us for a special conversation all about animation.
- Don Hahn (Producer, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King)
- David A. Bossert (Artist, filmmaker, author, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Little Mermaid)
- Arthur Jeppe (Moderator, Independence Day, Mars Attacks, Stuart Little)
2:30PM - Heroes On and Behind the Screen (Presented by The Chimaera Project)
Join us for a moderated discussion about the steps they take to create a hero as well as how they make a difference in their position such as challenging stereotypes, diverse storytelling and steer the industry towards a more inclusive environment.
- Carlease Burke (Actor, Touch, Switched At Birth)
- Tasha Huo (Writer)
- Deven MacNair (Actor)
- Darlene Conte (Moderator)
4:00PM - Editing Seminar
- Maryann Brandon (Editor, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Mission Impossible 3, Star Trek)
- Mary Jo Markey (Editor, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek)
The Seminar Series is FREE. No tickets are required. Seating is on a first come, first served basis. Free on site parking available.
*Panelists are subject to change*
More information on festival seminars can be found at www.newportbeachfilmfest.com/seminars.
All seminars are free thanks in part to a Cultural Arts Grant from the
Newport Beach City Arts Commission