Current Size: 100%
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday
10:00am to 3:00pm (except holidays)
Appointments are REQUIRED. The last scheduled
appointment for the day is 3:00pm.
For questions and to schedule an appointment,
please call (949) 717-3831 or email to email@example.com.
The Newport Beach Public Library is an authorized United States Passport acceptance facility.
We offer the following services:
- Processing for first-time applicants
- Expedited Processing
- Lost/Stolen Information
Requirements for obtaining a passport book and/or passport card:
- All applicants must be present during application process.
- Both parents must be present for applicants under the age of 16. If one parent cannot be present, that parent must fill out a Parent Consent Form (DS-3053) and have their signature notarized.
- Must provide Proof of Citizenship (Certified Birth Certificate issued by the State or County - abstract certificates are not acceptable, Prior Passport, or Naturalization Certificate).
- Valid government issued identification (Driver's License, California ID Card, or Military ID). Minors will use their parent's ID.
- One passport photo. Photos must be COLORED, 2" x 2" in size with a white or off-white background. For your convenience, the library can process passport photos for $10 per applicant.
- Regular candid photos and do-it-yourself booth photos are NOT ACCEPTABLE. Photographs should be taken in normal street attire - uniforms, or clothing that looks like a uniform, should not be worn.
- Two separate payments.
Proof of parent relationship:
For children under the age of 16, the two-parent consent law requires proof of relationship with parents. This is established through the Certified Birth Certificate.
(6 week processing time)
|FEES PAYABLE TO
PASSPORT SERVICES PER PASSPORT
(Fees payable to U.S. Department of Statecannot be paid by cash or credit card. Acceptable forms of payment include: personal check, bank draft, cashier's check, certified check, postal or commercial money order.)
|FEES PAYABLE TO
THE CITY OF NEWPORT BEACH
(Acceptable forms of payment to the City of Newport Beachare the same as to Passport Services; however, cash and credit card payments are acceptable.)
|U.S. Passport Book||16 and over||$110.00||$25.00*|
|U.S. Passport Card||16 and over||$30.00||$25.00*|
|U.S. Passport Book||Under 16||$80.00||$25.00*|
|U.S. Passport Card||Under 16||$15.00||$25.00*|
(2-3 weeks processing time)
|*If applying for a Passport Book and Passport Card at the same time, there is only a one-time processing fee of $25 per application|
If eligible, adults can renew by mail for a $110 fee ($170 for expedited service) using the DS-82 form. Minors (and minors at time of issue) must reapply using the DS-11 form.
The Newport Beach Public Library DOES NOT process passport renewals.
The most commonly used application forms can be accessed by clicking on the desired link below. All other forms and additional passport and travel information can be found on the U.S. State Department’s website at www.travel.state.gov.