Newport Beach Public Library is pleased to introduce this exciting new program that offers adult students the opportunity to earn accredited high school diplomas and career certificates. The program provides a limited number of scholarships to qualified adult learners looking to expand their career opportunities, prepare for workforce entry or continue their education.
To be considered for the program, applicants must successfully complete:
- An online self-assessment
- A prerequisite course
- An in-person interview
Once enrolled in the program, COHS pairs each student with an online academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.
Students selected for the program will have the opportunity to:
- Take a two-week prerequisite course.
- Upon completion, you can enroll in the full program
- Take classes online.
- You will have the flexibility to access classwork 24/7
- Be supported by certified instructors and an academic coach.
- Earn an accredited high school diploma while preparing for a career in one of 8 high-demand, high-growth fields.
- Graduate with the tools to advance in your profession or take the next step in your education.
Ready to Get Started?
To apply for a scholarship for Career Online High School, you must:
- Live or work in Newport Beach
- Be 19 years or older
- Possess or register for a NBPL library card
- Take the self-assessment
- Commit 10 hours per week to study and complete coursework
For more information:
Career Online High School at Newport Beach Public Library is supported in part by the California State Library.