Newport Beach LibraryHome Menu
The California State Library is offering additional research databases. #LibrariesStrong
- AtoZ Databases**
- Brainfuse HelpNow
- Britannica School Edition
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources.
Provides concise cultural and statistical snapshots of every country recognized by the United Nations.
- Gale Archives Unbound
Archives Unbound presents topically-focused digital collections of historical documents that support the research and study needs of scholars and students at the college and university level.
- Gale in Context: Biography
Includes full-text articles from hundreds of periodicals.
- Gale in Context: Elementary
A database developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Search full-text ebooks on a wide variety of topics, including arts, business, history, science, social science and more.
- Literature Resource Center
A literature reference database designed for both the undergraduate and graduate student as well as the sophisticated casual user.
- National Geographic Magazine
Featuring the complete archive of the magazine from 1888 to present day, a People, Animals and the World module as well as access to NG Kids.
- Opposing Viewpoints
Collects " for" and "against" articles based on social issues.
- ProQuest Newspaper, Magazine, and Journal articles
Full text articles from over 20,000 magazines, newspapers, and journals, including current issues of the Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, and New York Times
Full-text articles from many leading popular magazines, journals and newspapers.
- Tuition Funding Sources*
Offers students the largest scholarship database in the world with over $41 Billion in scholarship awards along with a career personality test and detailed college and career information. When you register, choose "school from California" in the list of schools.
- World Book Encyclopedia
Access to the online version of the World Book Encyclopedia, including:
- World Book Kids: Offers simpler navigation, thousands of colorful illustrations, diagrams, and maps, and dozens of activities tied to national curriculum standards.
- World Book Student: Designed for elementary and middle-school students, this popular resource includes built in features and tools to help make learning accessible.
- World Book Advanced: For the advanced student and adults, Advanced offers deeper comprehension and up to the minute access to worldwide news.
- World Book Timelines: Search more than 650 pre-generated timelines and 14,000 event in a highly interactive and customizable database. Investigate the chronological significance of world events and the lives of notable historical figures.
- World Book eBooks: Over 2,500 titles, including World Book exclusive content and classic literature (novels, plays, poems, and nonfiction).
- World Book Activity Corner: Contains thousands of cross-curricular, low-cost, fun yet educational projects for the classroom, after school programs, and library programming.
- World Book Discover: Assist differentiated learners and older adults with a research database that offers a practical Life Skills section. A collection of unique videos, featuring expert answers to often asked questions, and a visual dictionary make content more accessible for readers of all levels.
- World Book Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos: This dedicated Spanish-language database contains videos, compare-and-contrast features, selected articles, and a visual dictionary to allow ESL students and Spanish-learners the chance to learn. Integrated with World Book Kids for parallel English-language content.
* Accessible with Temporary Card number
** Temporary Card users please put NBPL in front of your number to access this resource (for example: NBPL12345)