- Ancient and Medieval History
Offers online resources and videos of the histories for eight major civilizations.
- AtoZ Databases
Offers 2.3 million job/internship opportunities, Interview Tips, and Résumé Templates.
- Biography in Context
Includes full-text articles from hundreds of periodicals.
- Britannica School Edition Web-registered card holders cannot access this resource remotely.
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources.
Provides concise cultural and statistical snapshots of every country recognized by the United Nations.
- Gale Archives Unbound
Archives Unbound presents topically-focused digital collections of historical documents that support the research and study needs of scholars and students at the college and university level.
- Gale in Context: Elementary (formerly Kids InfoBits)
A database developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Search full-text ebooks on a wide variety of topics, including arts, business, history, science, social science and more.
- Literature Resource Center
A literature reference database designed for both the undergraduate and graduate student as well as the sophisticated casual user.
- National Geographic Magazine Featuring the complete archive of the magazine from 1888 to present day, a People, Animals and the World module as well as access to NG Kids.
- Opposing Viewpoints
Collects " for" and "against" articles based on social issues.
- Testing & Education Reference Center
Provides users with in-depth information on colleges and universities, graduate and professional programs, distance learning and more.
- Tuition Funding Sources
Offers students the largest scholarship database in the world with over $41 Billion in scholarship awards along with a career personality test and detailed college and career information. When you register, choose "school from California" in the list of schools.
- World Book Encyclopedia
Access to the online version of the World Book Encyclopedia, including:
- World Book Kids: Offers simpler navigation, thousands of colorful illustrations, diagrams, and maps, and dozens of activities tied to national curriculum standards.
- World Book Student: Designed for elementary and middle-school students, this popular resource includes built in features and tools to help make learning accessible.
- World Book Advanced: For the advanced student and adults, Advanced offers deeper comprehension and up to the minute access to worldwide news.
- World Book Timelines: Search more than 650 pre-generated timelines and 14,000 event in a highly interactive and customizable database. Investigate the chronological significance of world events and the lives of notable historical figures.
- World Book eBooks: Over 2,500 titles, including World Book exclusive content and classic literature (novels, plays, poems, and nonfiction).
- World Book Activity Corner: Contains thousands of cross-curricular, low-cost, fun yet educational projects for the classroom, after school programs, and library programming.
- World Book Discover: Assist differentiated learners and older adults with a research database that offers a practical Life Skills section. A collection of unique videos, featuring expert answers to often asked questions, and a visual dictionary make content more accessible for readers of all levels.
- World Book Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos: This dedicated Spanish-language database contains videos, compare-and-contrast features, selected articles, and a visual dictionary to allow ESL students and Spanish-learners the chance to learn. Integrated with World Book Kids for parallel English-language content.