A small business with a strong Human Resources (HR) function, is one that is more protected against losses as well more enabled to be competitive and profitable.
The greatest and most secure businesses have one thing in common…they all have a solid HR function. You put your heart and precious resources into your “baby”, now protect it!
• Employment law violations are expensive and some have criminal penalties.
• Finding talented & affordable employees who will stay with your company is a huge challenge.
• Losing control of employee performance management, company culture/morale, customer service quality and brand perception can be sucking the life out of your business.
The interactive session will discuss HR ISSUES and SOLUTIONS relating to the consequences of having:
1. Employment Law Violations and Not Implementing HR Best-Practices.
2. Independent Contractors who are now considered employees under the new law.
3. Slow and ineffective recruitments with no employee retention strategies.
4. Managers with no training on leadership and HR issues leading to poor employee engagement.
5. Being Unaware of Operational & Customer Service Issues.
This workshop is presented by Shawn Larry.
Shawn, CEO & Principle HR Advisor at California Labor Solutions, has been protecting and building organizations with human resources services for over 18 years. He is a former Executive HR Director, EEO & Diversity Officer, Chief Labor Negotiator and college professor in HR/Employment Law.
Shawn has a B.A. degree in Sociology, Doctor of Law degree, and credentials as a licensed private investigator.
(Registration/Check-in 5:30 to 6:00 PM)
This series of business workshops is generously funded by Friends of the Library.
Age Level: Adults
For more information or to register for this workshop please visit the SCORE website.