To view Library Events in mobile list format: CLICK HERE.
Library Live with Susan Orlean **FULL**
- Date: 03/21/2019 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Friends Meeting Room
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660
The Newport Beach Public Library Foundation presents Library Live with Susan Orlean, author of "The Library Book."
In April 1986, The Los Angeles Public Library caught fire. It was the biggest library fire in American history and most people didn’t even know the blaze occurred, with the news of the library’s losses eclipsed by the Chernobyl nuclear plant meltdown. Orlean is one of our finest storytellers and her account has been called “a true love letter to one of our most prized institutions.” "The Library Book" is a reminder of the importance of libraries, spotlighting the vital role they continue to play in our culture.
- Thursday, March 21
- Event starts 7:00 pm. Doors open 6:30 p.m.
- Newport Beach Central Library Friends Meeting Room 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach
- $21.00 member/$27.00 Non-Member* **FULL**
- Reservations recommended as seating is limited
- Reservations: http://www.nbplfoundation.org/
- Information: 949-717-3818 or firstname.lastname@example.org